Saturday, October 23, 2010

Update on Everything

Gardenia Cuttings: I put half the cuttings in water, like MIL recommended. The other half went into my little green houses with rooting hormone. Some of the each went brown and dry. One of the cuttings in the greenhouse is doing very well though.

Lantana Cuttings: Doing well and showing tender, tiny new growth and tiny roots, see below:


Mum Cuttings: nothing happening yet, but they're also not drying out or wilting, so that's good!


African Daisies: each have their first true leaves! It's going slow though. Since they are on the porch behind the screen, they might not be getting enough sun. Will move them outside to see if that changes anything. See below:


Carrots: growing, growing, growing, see below:


Beets: growing, first true leaves about two weeks ago. See below:


Beans: still have blight (I think) but they are now wrapping themselves around the bamboo canes. I guess that's a good thing.

Crotons: the cuttings are still rooting and producing new leaves. Aside from the Dracaenas, the Crotons have been the most successful cuttings! They do excellent in the green houses.

Cacti: they are very slow! The green sprouts have turned a dark pinkish shade and very little growth. I'm planning on moving them into the terrarium jar tomorrow. See below:

 

Peace Lily: She's doing a lot better stuck in the water jar than in the soil. After I divided her, I cut back the roots and I know she didn't like that! I'm going to keep her in that jar, she seems to like it!

Parsley: having true leaves now! I love parsley in many recipes and I can't wait to harvest bundles of them to use and freeze the rest. See below:



Chives: doing alright but not very fast growers.

Onions: Benny, the cat had been eating the tender tops. They grew back but like the chives, they are slow!

Mr. Plant: has adjusted well to his new location wrapped around the tomato cages. Will have to move him eventually when it gets colder at night.

Morning Glory: bought a packet of seeds last weekend. Can't wait to sow them along with the Moonflowers next spring!

Did I forget someone? No, I think that update covers everyone; veggies, cuttings and seedlings!

Now for the weather, that's a different post.

No comments:

Post a Comment