Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lantana

We went to preview a foreclosure home today and I found an abandoned but blooming lantana forgotten in an old pot. I took a small cutting to take it home.

We used to have a huge lantana growing behind the shed and it attracted a bunch of butterflies! Some species are considered invasive in Florida, or at least that's what I've read.

I cut the blooms off, dipped it in rooting hormone and stuck it in a little greenhouse. Can't wait to see what will happen.

I would love to have a few lantanas on the east side of the house and get rid of the socialite garlic (not sure that's what it is though). But.....I do have a lot of bindweed / wild morning glory growing there and I'm thinking it might just choke the lantana to death. Not sure what to do about the bindweed......

Maybe keep the lantana in a pot and away from the bindweed

No comments:

Post a Comment